Temporary VAT zero rating of some PPE
01 May 2020
The government has introduced a temporary change to the UK VAT law, which is a VAT zero rate on PPE from the 1st May to 31st July 2020.
'This is for the supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), recommended for use in connection with protection from infection with coronavirus in guidance published by Public Health England.'
Products covered by the zero rate include:
- disposable gloves
- disposable plastic aprons
- disposable fluid-resistant coveralls or gowns
- surgical masks – including fluid-resistant type IIR surgical masks
- filtering face piece respirators
- eye and face protection – including single or reusable full face visors or goggles
Therefore, products that we supply which fall under these categories will be VAT exempt until the 31st July 2020.
For more information regarding this government annoucement please click here.
Thank you for taking your time to read this.